Enjoy this salad while watching a film by G. W. Pabst.
I began pondering a recipe for a black and white salad after purchasing this beautiful black quinoa ↓
Black Quinoa Galaxy
Black princess cherry tomatoes from Salt and Harrow farm.
Maple Balsamic Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup high-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- ½ TBS honey mustard or Dijon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup Cooked black quinoa
- 2 cups Blanched cauliflower florets (small pieces)
- 10 black princess cherry tomatoes cut in half
Add half the dressing to taste, adding more if desired, might not use it all.
I was attempting to only use black and white vegetables but couldn’t help but add parsley in for health and extra flavour. I would love to hear if you have any ideas of other black and white vegetables / fruit to add to this salad, please mention in the comments.